These cookies are a little hint of Christmas.
- 75g hazelnuts
- 25g almonds
- 200g butter
- 85g icing sugar + 165g for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour
- Whizz the butter, hazelnuts, almonds, 85g icing sugar and vanilla in a food processor.
- Add the flour and 1tsp of cloves and whizz until a sticky dough forms.
- Make small balls of dough and pop on a baking tray lined with parchment. Flatten slightly before baking.
- Bake until just golden brown and while still warm sift the rest of the icing sugar and cloves over.
These are delicious warm from the oven and while they are quite a grown up taste that goes well with coffee or a bitter hot chocolate my two boys love them too.
I adapted the recipe from this one in Good Food magazine.